2019 Theme “We All Belong”
My Own Two Hands Art Stroll, Parade, Art Auction & Party
May 10 – 11, 2019
Friday, May 10, 2019 – Community Arts Celebration Events
Parade – 4 pm on Hood Avenue, beginning at Spruce St. and ending at Oak St.
Art Stroll – 4 pm – 7 pm, auction artwork on display in businesses throughout Sisters
Free Concert at The Belfry Friday night!
Saturday, May 11, 2019 – Ponderosa Forge
Art Auction & Party – 5:30 pm
For questions about the auction or ticket information contact
Steven Remington, 541-549-4979, ext 3
“Access to creative outlets whether it’s music, visual arts, dance or literary arts can change a child’s life. Children in Sisters have opportunities no longer available in most public schools. The Americana Project can reveal a child’s gifts; it’s an honor to witness their transformation and see them thrive.”
~ Katy Yoder, Former SFF Development Director
• My Own Two Hands (MOTH) is a regional celebration of the arts and primary fundraiser for the music & arts programs of Sisters Folk Festival, Inc. Each year a theme is selected to inspire artists to create and donate a piece of art to be sold at the benefit auction in support of music and arts programming in the Sisters schools and community.
• Sisters students and the entire community participate. The kick-off is the Community Parade on Friday afternoon with students from all three schools displaying their art.
• Donated artwork is displayed on Friday evening in participating businesses during the My Own Two Hands Art Stroll. Many stroll locations feature live music.
• The Community Arts Celebration on Friday night features a free concert at The Belfry and a slideshow of all the donated artwork.
• On Saturday evening, the Art Auction and Party is the highlight of the weekend with a silent auction, fast-paced live auction plus an upbeat band, all in an exceptionally funky and creative setting.