2018 Theme “Take Flight”
My Own Two Hands Art Stroll, Parade, Art Auction & Party
May 11 – 12, 2018
Click here for the Bulletin insert magazine detailing all of the event info including the Art Stroll Map
VOTE for your favorite Silent Auction item for the Community Choice Award
Friday, May 11, 2018 – Community Arts Celebration Events
Parade – 4 pm on Hood Avenue, beginning at Spruce St. and ending at Oak St.
Art Stroll – 4 pm – 7 pm, 13 businesses throughout Sisters
Free Concert at The Belfry: B-Side Brass Band at 6:30 pm, Kuinka at 7:30 pm
Saturday, May 12, 2018 – Ponderosa Forge
Art Auction & Party – 5:30 pm
For questions about the auction and party contact
Steven Remington, 541-549-4979, ext 3
“Access to creative outlets whether it’s music, visual arts, dance or literary arts can change a child’s life. Children in Sisters have opportunities no longer available in most public schools. The Americana Project can reveal a child’s gifts; it’s an honor to witness their transformation and see them thrive.”
~ Katy Yoder, Former SFF Development Director
• My Own Two Hands (MOTH) is a regional celebration of the arts and primary fundraiser for the music & arts programs of Sisters Folk Festival, Inc. Each year a theme is selected to inspire artists to create and donate a piece of art to be sold at the benefit auction in support of music and arts programming in the Sisters schools and community.
• Sisters students and the entire community participate. The kick-off is the Community Parade on Friday afternoon with students from all three schools displaying their art.
• Donated artwork is displayed on Friday evening in participating businesses during the My Own Two Hands Art Stroll. Many stroll locations feature live music.
• The Community Arts Celebration on Friday night features a free concert at The Belfry and a slideshow of all the donated artwork.
• On Saturday evening, the Art Auction and Party is the highlight of the weekend with a silent auction, fast-paced live auction plus an upbeat band, all in an exceptionally funky and creative setting.
2018 Award Winners
- Dan Rickards, “Final Approach“
Spirit of Giving Award
- Kathy & Frank Deggendorfer
- Carol Grigg, “Maggie’s Moon Pie”; Clifford Scharf, “Silver Wings”; Helen Brown, “Columbia Memories”
- Americana Folk Award – Caroline Stratton, “Tuning Into The Ravens”
- Pamela Hulse Andrews Student Achievement Award – Moriah Jones, “Spring Monarch“
- Ben Westlund Advocate for the Arts Award – Steve Mathews – “Flying Lessons”